Basic Rug Care in Bountiful
Rugs deserve the same care as wall-to-wall carpet and, in some cases, require special attention.
- Beating larger rugs : If your larger rug is easy to pick up, shake it outside first; then beat it over a clothesline. Next, take the rug inside and vacuum it thoroughly. If the label recommends that the rug be dry cleaned, then save yourself time and frustration by calling the rug cleaning specialists at Intermountain Chem-Dry. Trust your rugs of all types with the Intermountain Chem-Dry technicians who have been trained as Area Rug Cleaning Experts for all off-site rug cleaning.
- Washing rugs : If your rug is small enough and the label specifies that its safe to be washed in your own washing machine, then first shake the rug outside and then put it in your washing machine at the recommended temperature. Many carpet manufactures suggest using warm water (90 to 105 degrees) and a mild detergent. Then tumble dry your rug at the lowest heat setting possible.
- Vacuuming area rugs : Area rugs with fringe require a special technique when cleaning it. Use gentle suction with your vacuum, and start from the center of the rug, vacuuming toward the fringe, while also being careful to not catch the strands in the beater bar. Then lift the edge of the rug to vacuum underneath the fringe.
- Caring for Oriental, Turkish or Persian rugs : Clean your valuable imported rugs according to the rug manufacturer’s specifications or bring in our professional cleaning service. Be gentle with the fringe. For heirloom-type rugs, you will likely need to call our professional cleaners. Call Intermountain Chem-Dry in Bountiful, UT at (801) 565-9556 to learn more about our Expert Area Rug cleaning services.
- Carpet Care Tips in Bountiful
- Basic Rug Care in Bountiful
- Filtration Soiling in Bountiful
- Spot Removal Steps in Bountiful
- Urine Odor Removal Tips in Bountiful
- Wool Carpet Care Tips in Bountiful
3 Area SpecialGet 3 areas cleaned for $99Coupon Code, 3499