Spot Removal Steps in Draper
1. Act Quickly! If you take immediate action once anything is spilled or dropped onto your carpets, most spills and stains can be successfully removed since many carpets today have already been treated with a stain-resist treatment. The longer you wait to clean up the spill, the higher the likelihood of a spill becoming a permanent stain on your carpets. Remember that staining can be influenced by several factors, and no carpet is completely stain proof.
2. Blot liquids with an absorbent, dry, white cloth or paper toweling with no printing.
3. Do not scrub the area! Scrubbing the affected area may cause pile distortion to the location. Continue to use paper towels or a dry cloth until the area is completely dry. For semi-solid spills, gently scrape up what you can with a rounded spoon. Solid spills should be broken up and vacuumed until completely removed. If the spot can be identified, locate the substance in the spot removal computer and follow the directions carefully.
4. Pretest any spot removal agent in an inconspicuous area to be certain that the solution will not damage the carpet fiber or the dye. After applying several drops to the testing area, hold down a white cloth on the wet area for several seconds. Examine the carpet and cloth for any color change, color transfer, or damage to your carpet. If a change does occur, then you will need to choose another cleaning solution to try.
5. Apply a small amount of the selected cleaning solution to a dry, white cloth and gently work it in.
6. Work from the edges of the spill to the center to prevent the spill from spreading and worsening the problem. Do not scrub the affected area! Blot to absorb as much of the stain as possible and repeat if necessary.
7. Continue using the first cleaning solution as long as there is a transfer of the spill to the cloth. It is not necessary to use all of the cleaning solutions if the first solution successfully removes the spill.
8. Be patient! Completely removing the spill may require repeating the same step several times. Do not continue to step 9 until the stain has been completely removed.
9. Rinse the affected area thoroughly with cold water, and blot with an absorbent, dry cloth until all of the solution has been removed. Some cleaning solutions will cause rapid soiling if the solution is not completely removed.
10. Apply a one-half inch layer of white paper towels to the affected area, and weigh down with a flat, heavy object. Continue to change the paper towels as needed. A dry, absorbent, cleaning compound may be used as a substitute to accelerate the drying time.
Arm your home with Chem-Dry World Famous® Spot Remover for Water-Based Spills and World Famous® Grease & Oil Remover for oil-based spots. Call Intermountain Chem-Dry in Draper, UT today at (801) 565-9556 to order with your next carpet cleaning appointment.
For more detailed information on a specific spill, please call Intermountain Chem-Dry in Draper, UT at (801) 565-9556 to see how our professionals can help. Many fiber manufacturers also provide a toll-free cleaning assistance and advice hotline.
- Carpet Care Tips in Draper
- Basic Rug Care in Draper
- Filtration Soiling in Draper
- Spot Removal Steps in Draper
- Urine Odor Removal Tips in Draper
- Wool Carpet Care Tips in Draper
3 Area SpecialGet 3 areas cleaned for $99Coupon Code, 3499