Basic Rug Care in Highland
Rugs deserve the same care as wall-to-wall carpet and, in some cases, require special attention.
- Washing rugs: If your rug is small and the label says “machine washable”, first shake the rug outside, then put it in the washing machine at the recommended temperature. Use warm water (90 to 105 degrees) and a mild detergent. Tumble dry low.
- Beating larger rugs: If your larger rug is easy to pick up, shake it outside first; then put it over a clothesline and beat it (a broom handle works great). Next, take the rug inside and vacuum it. If the label says dry clean only, then roll it up and take it to a professional rug cleaner. Save time and aggravation by calling first to see if the cleaner does rug cleaning, many do not. Trust your rugs of all types with Intermountain Chem-Dry‘s in Highland, UT technicians who have been trained as an Area Rug Expert for off-site cleaning .
- Vacuuming area rugs: Area rugs with fringe require special technique. Starting from the center of the carpet, use gentle suction, vacuuming toward the fringe and being careful not to catch the strands in the beater bar. Lift the carpet edge to vacuum beneath the fringe.
- Caring for Oriental, Turkish or Persian rugs: Clean imported rugs according to your carpet manufacturer’s specifications or bring in a professional cleaning service. Be gentle with fringe. For heirloom-type rugs, you need professionals. Call Intermountain Chem-Dry in Highland, UT at (801) 565-9556 to learn more about Expert Area Rug cleaning services.
- Carpet Care Tips in Highland
- Basic Rug Care in Highland
- Filtration Soiling in Highland
- Spot Removal Steps in Highland
- Urine Odor Removal Tips in Highland
- Wool Carpet Care Tips in Highland
3 Area SpecialGet 3 areas cleaned for $99Coupon Code, 3499