Basic Rug Care in Kearns
Rugs deserve the same care as wall-to-wall carpet and, in some cases, require special attention.
- Washing rugs: If the smaller rug’s label says “machine washable”, first shake the rug outside, then put it in your washing machine at the recommended temperature. Generally, most rugs call for using a mild detergent with warm water between 90 and 105 degrees. To dry your rug, tumble dry on low.
- Beating larger rugs: If your larger rug is easy to pick up, shake it outside first; then put it over a railing or clothesline and beat it. Next, take the rug inside and vacuum it thoroughly. If the label recommends that you rug be dry cleaned then call the rug cleaning professionals at Intermountain Chem-Dry in Kearns at (801) 565-9556. You can trust your rugs of all types with Intermountain Chem-Dry technicians who have been trained as Area Rug Experts for all off-site cleaning.
- Vacuuming area rugs: Area rugs with fringe typically require a special cleaning technique. Use a gentle suction and start from the center of the rug, vacuuming toward the fringe while also being careful to not catch the strands in the beater bar. Next lift the edge of the rug to vacuum underneath the fringe.
- Caring for Oriental, Turkish or Persian rugs: Clean your valuable imported rugs according to the rug manufacturer’s specifications or bring in Intermountain Chem-Dry professional cleaning services. Be very gentle with the fringe. For heirloom-type rugs, you need to call our professional cleaners. Call Intermountain Chem-Dry in Kearns, UT at (801) 565-9556 to learn more about Expert Area Rug cleaning services and how they can best clean the valuable rugs in your home.
- Carpet Care Tips in Kearns
- Basic Rug Care in Kearns
- Filtration Soiling in Kearns
- Spot Removal Steps in Kearns
- Urine Odor Removal Tips in Kearns
- Wool Carpet Care Tips in Kearns
3 Area SpecialGet 3 areas cleaned for $99Coupon Code, 3499