Spot Removal Steps in West Valley City
1. Act Quickly! Most carpets available in West Valley City today have already been treated with a stain-resist treatment, so many spots and spills can be removed if immediate action is taken. The longer you wait to treat a spill, the higher the likelihood of a spill becoming a permanent stain on your carpets. Remember that staining is usually influenced by a variety of factors, and no carpet is completely stain proof.
2. Blot liquids with a dry, absorbent, white cloth or paper toweling with no printing.
3. Do not scrub the area! Scrubbing the area on your carpet that you are treating may cause pile distortion to the location. Continue to use paper towels or a dry cloth until the area is completely dry. For semi-solid spills, gently scrape up what you can with a rounded spoon. Solid spills should be broken up and vacuumed until completely removed. If the spot can be identified, try to locate the substance in the spot removal computer and follow the directions carefully.
4. Pretest any spot removal agent in an inconspicuous area to be certain that the cleaning solution will not damage the carpet fiber or the dye. After applying several drops to the testing area, hold down a dry, white cloth onto the wet area for several seconds. Examine the carpet and cloth for any color change, color transfer or damage to your carpet. If you notice that a change does occur, try selecting another cleaning solution to use.
5. Apply a small amount of the selected cleaning solution to a dry, white cloth and gently work it in.
6. Work from the edges of the spill to the center to prevent the spill from spreading and worsening the problem. Do not scrub the area! Blot to absorb as much of the stain as possible and repeat if necessary.
7. Continue using the first cleaning solution as long as there is a transfer of the spill to the cloth. It is not necessary to use all of the cleaning solutions if the first solution successfully removes the spill.
8. Be patient! Completely removing the spill may require repeating the same step several times. Do not continue to step 9 until the stain has been completely removed.
9. Rinse the affected area thoroughly with cold water, and blot with a dry cloth until all of the solution has been removed. Some cleaning solutions will cause rapid soiling if the solution is not completely removed.
10. Apply a one-half inch layer of white paper towels to the affected area, and weigh down with a flat, heavy object. Continue to change the paper towels as is needed. A dry, absorbent, cleaning compound may also be used as a substitute to accelerate drying time.
Arm your home with Chem-Dry World Famous® Spot Remover for Water-Based Spills and World Famous® Grease & Oil Remover for oil-based spots. Call Intermountain Chem-Dry in West Valley City, UT today at (801) 565-9556 to order with your next cleaning appointment.
For more detailed information on a specific spill in your home, please call Intermountain Chem-Dry in West Valley City, UT at (801) 565-9556 to see how we can help. Many fiber manufacturers also provide a toll-free cleaning assistance and advice hotline.
- Carpet Care Tips in West Valley City
- Basic Rug Care in West Valley City
- Filtration Soiling in West Valley City
- Spot Removal Steps in West Valley City
- Urine Odor Removal Tips in West Valley City
- Wool Carpet Care Tips in West Valley City
3 Area SpecialGet 3 areas cleaned for $99Coupon Code, 3499